Special Events Intern
The Spokane Guilds’ School & Neuromuscular Center is looking for a qualified intern to join our development team. The development department holds four fundraising events per year, and seeks an intern who can participate in various stages of event planning and preparation, non-profit fundraising, volunteer recruitment and marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate is available approximately 10-15 hours per week and through May 2018, with February as the busiest month. Schedule and hours can be flexible and will be discussed.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team setting, and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of working in a non-profit environment, specifically in fundraising and event planning and preparation. This internship is unpaid, however if applicable, experience can be used for school credit.
- Assist with events, from concept to completion including: marketing, venue, volunteer development, item procurement and tracking, and post–event analysis
- Maintain/update information in Greater Giving, auction event software
- Provide support to social media presence and website maintenance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Obtain skills to effectively work with staff and volunteers
- Able to work with confidential information professionally
- Able to learn Greater Giving event software
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs
- InDesign experience preferred, but not required
- Able to work independently exercising good judgment, decision-making, and problem solving
- Available to attend events (March 3, 2018 and April 28, 2018) is highly desired
Please send resumes to: Tammy Sweeney, Events Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 509-326-1658